UPDATE: Award Winners Announced!
Welcome to the Best of CES 2014 Awards!
Presented by Ultra HDTV Magazine
In 1967, the first Consumer Electronics Show was held in New York City. The event had 17,500 attendees and over 100 exhibitors. Since then International CES, as it is now called, continues to unveil the latest and greatest technology that the world enjoys feasting their eyes on.
At 2013 CES, Ultra High Definition technology stole the show — hands down. Dozens of companies had truly innovative Ultra HD products on the showroom floors. At 2014 CES, Ultra HD is expected to make last year’s show look like like a farmers market in comparison. That is, Ultra HD has matured and companies are serious about bringing Ultra High Definition technology to the mainstream in 2014.
For that reason, we are excited to announce that Ultra HDTV Magazine will accept product nominations from all Ultra HD related companies for the first annual “Best of CES Awards” — We are featuring twelve award categories, ranging from televisions to encoders. One product or service will win the award for each category (two winners for the audio category). Read on for the details…
Best of CES 2014 Award Categories
- Best Ultra HD Television. We will find the best Ultra HDTV at CES 2014, and give them our highest praise with this prestigious award.
- Best Ultra HD Media Player. The lucky product that best bridges the huge gap between Ultra HD content and a newly purchased Ultra HDTV will truly advance the progression of Ultra High Definition for practical use.
- Best Ultra HD Monitor. We all know there’s a significant lack of 4K and 8K Ultra HD content in the marketplace. That’s why industry people like producers and filmmakers need the best Ultra HD Monitor available. We’re going to find it and give them this progressive award.
- Best Ultra HD Tablet. Tablets are among the most rapidly changing products in the world, and they’re starting to feature Ultra HD resolution! The best Ultra HD tablet will drive early adoption among the mainstream.
- Best Ultra HD Projector. Don’t have room for an Ultra HDTV? Need a more mobile way to display Ultra HD Content? The best Ultra HD Projector will be a great alternative.
- Best Ultra HD Audio (2x). Ultra High Definition isn’t just for the eyes. With the best Ultra HD Audio system, we want to hear every pixel in glorious detail. There will be one winner for best integrated audio (as part of an Ultra HDTV), and another winner for best external audio system for Ultra HDTV viewers.
- Best Ultra HD Camera. It all starts with the camera. This prestigious award will feature the best Ultra HD Camera for capturing 4K (or 8K) content.
- Best Ultra HD Gaming Product. This might be a console, a TV, an accessory, or other entertainment device. If this product can bring out the child within, we will gladly hand over the best Ultra HD Gaming Product award.
- Best Ultra HD Innovation. This might be a prototype or a consumer device, who knows? All we know is, 8K is a certainty in our Ultra HD future. We’re not sure if we can handle the pixels, but we’ll try…
- Best Ultra HD Content Provider. This might be an Internet based Ultra HD streaming content service, a satellite channel, or an over-the-air broadcast service. The most accessible service with the highest quality end-user content will win this award.
- Best Ultra HD Encoder. There are a handful Ultra HD encoders in the wild, which drive the future of Ultra HD Delivery. The best Ultra HD Encoder will have bragging rights.
- Ultra HDTV’s Best of the Best Award. There will be one, just one. One supreme Ultra HD product or service to rule them all. What will it be?
To be eligible for an award, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your product or company must be related to Ultra High Definition technology
- Your company must be officially represented at CES 2014 in some way
- Your product must be introduced at CES 2014 for the first time
Our editors will evaluate submissions based on a first-hand look at the product on the CES show floor, and by using supplied product information. We will be looking at the following criteria as they apply to various product categories:
- Aesthetic Design
- Build Quality
- Consumer Appeal
- Consumer Price / Practicality
- Picture Quality (if applicable)
- Screen Size (if applicable)
- 3D Capabilities (if applicable)
- Viewing Angle (if applicable)
- Sound Quality (if applicable)
- Remote Control Features (if applicable)
- On-screen Menu Functions (if applicable)
- Energy Consumption (if applicable)
How To Nominate
We will accept nominations until 12:00 p.m. noon Pacific Standard Time on January 10th, 2014 — the last day of International CES 2014. We will announce the winners for each category on January 12th.
To nominate a product, please send your product pitch to [email protected], which should include the following:
- Product Name
- Company Name (and location at CES)
- Product Description (no more than 1,000 words please)
- Nomination Category (may submit to more than one category)
- Product Photos
- Specification Documentation
- Press Releases
- Status of Product
- Product Release Date
- Consumer Price
- PR Contact Information
- Technical Contact Information
Please note: We will honor Non-Disclosure Agreements for embargoed products and information.